It is hard to imagine not having warm or hot water readily available when you turn on a tap. Water heaters are an important piece of equipment in your home, but you don’t think about them often when they are doing their job well.
Here are five things you probably didn’t know about water heater installation:
- You will likely need a water heater installation about every ten years. This can vary based on the model, maintenance, and how hard your water is. Keep an eye out for rusty water and strange noises if your water heater is approaching this age. Not sure how old your water heater is? Look for a large sticker that will list the details of your unit.
- Size matters. One size does not fit all when it comes to water heaters. Consulting with a technician will help determine the right unit for your needs and budget.
- If there are no complications, water heater installations take about 2-3 hours. It is a relatively straightforward process, and you should have a new unit ready to go in the same day.
- Location, location, location. Where your water heater is located is very important for safety and efficiency. There can be restrictions on where it is installed, based on your location, like attics or storage closets. You also may not be able to install a new water heater in the same location as an older unit, but the technician will be able to best determine what is needed for your home.
- Improper installation can void your warranty. Trying to install a water heater without the training or knowledge can result in using the wrong pipes or other issues that can affect the water heater’s performance and void its warranty. Rely on professionals to get it installed correctly and reliably.
We want to ensure you have access to hot water for bathing, meal preparation, and personal care. Our technicians will take the time to follow every step properly in the water heater installation process. Contact our team today.