Any piece of equipment, machinery, or other major asset eventually reaches a point where it needs repairs, leaving you to wonder if you should do that or get a new one instead. That is a dilemma that many homeowners face when it comes to their heating system. Nobody wants to proceed with heating replacement if it isn’t necessary. The key to making this decision is to work with a reputable heating professional who will give you a straight answer. Here are a few tips that can help you in choosing between heating replacement and repair services.
- Consider the age of your heating system- It makes little sense to spend money on repairs if your heating system is at the end of its functional life.
- Consider if repair will extend its life- Don’t hesitate to discuss if the repair will add significantly to the life of the heating system. If it won’t, go with heating replacement instead.
- Consider if repair will be effective- If a repair will be little more than a short-term solution, you are better off putting those funds toward heating replacement. If the contractor won’t warranty the repair, that’s a good sign they don’t think it will be effective.
- Consider cost of the repair- The costlier the repair, the more it makes sense to put that money toward replacement instead.
- Consider your goals- If you do not plan to stay in the home much longer and you aren’t concerned about getting top dollar when selling your home, a repair can make sense. Otherwise, go with heating replacement for the long-term benefit and increase to home value.
If you want reliable and honest answers about heating replacement and repairs, reach out to us at Murillo Mechanical. We will always go over your options so you have the information you need to make an informed decision. We are happy to give you a second opinion too! Our straightforward, flat-rate pricing on all services, our warranties, and our more than 20 years of experience make us the best choice for your heating & cooling needs. Reach out today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.