If you are donning a winter coat, gloves, and a hat inside your home, it’s a pretty good guess that you need heating repair. However, there can be less noticeable signs that there is a problem, so it is important to be aware that your heating system often whispers instead of screams when it needs attention. Here are a few subtle signs that you might need heating repair or other heating services.
- Your heating costs are rising and it has nothing to do with rising utility costs.
- You have differing temperatures throughout the house.
- You notice sounds or odors that you never noticed before.
- The air coming out doesn’t feel as warm as it used to.
- Your furnace cycles frequently or runs continuously.
- You have more dust in your home than normal or notice other air quality issues.
- The heating system is still working, but your home isn’t as comfortable as usual.
- The pilot light on your gas furnace is yellow or any color other than blue.
It never hurts to call in a heating repair professional if you even suspect there is an issue with your heating system. This is especially true if it has been more than a year since you had it serviced. It is better to have issues resolved while they are more manageable than to wait until a major repair or even replacement becomes necessary. At Murillo Mechanical, we offer a full range of heating services in the Norfolk, Virginia area, including heating repair, maintenance, inspections, installation, and replacement services. Reach out today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.